How to change the DPFE Sensor top top a Ford F-150
The DPFE, or Differential Pressure Feedback sensor is a an important component of the exhaust gas recirculation system (EGR). The sensor may alternatively be provided as the "delta" press feedback sensor. Its objective is to measure the pressure difference between two points on the EGR feeding tube/exhaust inlet. The PCM uses this press differential to recognize the exactly flowrate that exhaust gases v the EGR valve based on the existing operating conditions. Once the DPFE falls short or starts to provide the PCM through faulty information, the EGR duty cycle can not be changed properly. A DPFE sensor fail is often determined by a P0401 or comparable diagnostic trouble code, identifying poor EGR flow.
Applicable model Years: 1997 - 2004 4.2L V-6, 4.6L/5.4L V-8 Ford F-150 Differential press feedback sensor (DPFE): Motorcraft DPFE15 (Ford F77Z-9J460-AB)
Note - there space two varieties of sensors, those that bolt to the firewall and those that "float" on the feed tubes. The following procedures are based upon the floating type, back the actions are identical save because that the should unbolt the sensors that are secured come the firewall.
Click any type of thumbnail to watch high resolution fullsize picture w/ enhancement details (where applicable)
• Disconnect the negative battery cable.
• locate the DPFE sensor. The is positioned come the left the the brake booster up versus the firewall and also has two metal tubes to run from the EGR valve it is provided line and also into the DPFE sensor. Keep in mind that some sensors will "float" above the tubes, when others may actually be resolved to the firewall by (2) bolts.
You are watching: Where is the dpfe sensor located on a ford f150
• Unplug the electrical connector from the DPFE sensor, then remove the sensor. If the inlet hoses space tight, gently move the sensor side-to-side if pulling. Be cautious not come break turn off the plastic nipples ~ above the sensor.
• install the new sensor in turning back order, making sure that it is completely seated in the inlet hoses. If desired, you have the right to secure the lines with zip ties or water tap clamps.
See more: Watch X Men Evolution Season 4 Episode 2, Season Four
• Reinstall the an unfavorable battery cable, start the truck, and also verify every little thing is functioning correctly (i.e. No check engine light, DTCs).
dearteassociazione.org is no affiliated through nor endorsed through Ford Motor company or any manufacturer discussed herein, unless explicitly listed otherwise.