hello cecil. My concern is, the song lady marmalade, what room they saying? is the in one more language, or what???
thanx, kandy :o)
No prob, Kandy. Back you must realize the in part quarters your emoticon will certainly be interpreted as “I’m a mouth breather.” then again, a the majority of emoticons deserve to be take away in much more than one way, such together (I to be afflicted through a serious twitch), :-X (I’ve to be kidnaped and stuffed in a trunk), and |–( (My name is Igor). My personal favorite, however, is tho , i beg your pardon means, “whoa, watch at all the COLORS!”
As for your question, you realize this is acquisition me far from the Ebola research, but all work and also no play, etc. I’m not sure what part of LaBelle’s 1975 disco fight “Lady Marmalade” friend think is in a various language, yet let’s run through the candidates in stimulate of likelihood:
1) Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir? it’s French, honey. It means, “Want come lie down v me this evening?” Lady Marmalade is a badass chick from the Moulin Rouge, see, and she has these needs. Lest you run to an erroneous conclusion, the singer later informs us, “We elevation women, part mistake us for whores / us say, ‘Why invest mine, once I deserve to spend yours?"”
2) Giuchie giuchie ya ya da da (da da da) / Giuchie giuchie ya ya here, five yeah (here ohooo yea yeah) / Mocca choca lata ya ya.
You are watching: What does creole lady marmalade mean
the Iroquois. “By the shores the Gitche Gumee / by the glowing Big-Sea-Water,” etc. Lady Marmalade is taking time out from a flop in the sack to express solidarity with native Americans.
3) Creole Lady Marmalade. perhaps you didn’t require this part explained come you. But some civilization — I mention no name — think the line is “Real old Lady Marmalade,” and also I desire to acquire things resolved at last.
I recognize that mexico jumping beans jump because of worms or larvae inside, but what type of beans space they, and also what kind of worms? What happens to the worm? go it hatch out together a pest or moth or something, or what?
— Laura Clemons
You’re thinking: Boy, Cecil, really working hard today, aren’t you? Come on, you never ever heard the the lazy days of summer? here’s the sum total of what i know around Mexican jumping beans:
1) as a child I was totally creeped out by the believed of a p being consumed from the within by a hungry bug that can break through at any kind of moment and also start in on my hand. It to be no lull to come ago the following day and find that the an insect had escaped indigenous the p by means of a perfectly circular hole and was now on the loosened in the house.
2) Actually, there was one point worse: the scene in Pinocchio where Pinocchio and also his buddies smoke, drink, interact in wanton destruction, and also then turn into donkeys. Saw it again a couple of years back, and also it quiet made mine skin crawl.
3) OK, the science. The an insect inside the bean is a tiny gray critter well-known as the jumping bean moth, Cydia saltitans. The p is no a bean however a ar of a particle capsule native the jumping p shrub, Sebastiana pavoniana. (Some speak Sebastiana palmieri. Whatever.) The mama moth deposits its eggs on the ovaries the this shrub, which grows on hillsides in the Mexican claims of Sonora and Chihuahua and also in Baja California. The eggs hatch and the larvae bore right into the seedlets and consume the particle inside. According to the natural-history web page “Wayne’s Word” (waynesword.palomar.edu/plaug97.htm) , “the robust, yellowish-white larva” indulges in “the peculiar habit that throwing chin forcibly indigenous one wall to the other, thereby bring about the jumping activities of the capsule.” One explanation is that this helps scare far birds, however we can just also credit the dawning realization on the part of the larva: “What the f—?! I’m inside a bean!”
4) simply so we’re clear on this, the larva doesn’t departure the unbean until it has actually metamorphosed into a moth. No it seem like a waste the it need to go come the trouble of transforming its entire body, just to turn right into a stupid moth? now you know exactly how the ‘rents feeling after safety all that money come send you to arts school, only to have actually you wind increase a CPA.
5) mexico jumping beans are rarely sold as novelties in Mexico.
See more: What Is 2 Times As Much As 4 Is 2 Times As Much As 4 Is, 32 Is 4 Times As Much As What Number
6) A substantial portion of the world’s mexico jumping beans emanates from one mexico town, Alamos. (Alamo means cottonwood, by the way. Haven’t you constantly wondered?) The locals supplement their revenue by harvesting the seeds capsules native the bordering slopes and also listening for the rustling noise lock make. The hills are alive, one enthusiast gushes, v the sound that brincadores (jumpers). Dunno about you, however I say: bleagh.