My dog ate chapstick! No must panic! This is a finish guide come what to execute if her dog has eaten chapstick. We’ll take you through the usual ingredients in chapsticks, consisting of those the aren’t safe for dogs, for this reason you know what substances to examine your packaging for. We’ll look at those in some typical chapstick brands, including ‘all-natural’ chapsticks. And also we’ll even discuss what to carry out if her dog has eaten the packaging itself, or has swallowed a plastic chapstick tube. So you’ll understand whether to worry, what come do, and when to get help.

You are watching: My dog ate an eos lip balm

My dog ate chapstick

Chapstick have the right to be really advantageous to united state humans, specifically in cold and dry parts of the world. By producing a obstacle on our lips, this product stops them losing moisture and becoming cracked.

*
*
*

Plastic can likewise perforate or puncture the vulnerable lining of the intestines, causing interior bleeding and also severe infections. The first sign of minister blockage is the previously mentioned vomiting, i beg your pardon can quickly be composed off together something else. Therefore it’s essential to catch this beforehand on, before it becomes more of a problem.

But first, let’s look at some well-known brands the chapstick and how they could be dangerous come a dog. We’ll look at Burt’s Bees brand that chapstick first. So, what have to you perform if her dog ate Burt’s Bees chapstick?

My dog ate Burt’s Bees chapstick

Burt’s bees pride themselves top top creating assets that space all natural. You can be led to believe this makes them more likely to be safe, however this is not true. A product being obtained from natural sources no really mean anything meaningful about safety.

It’s important that we identify this because that what that is — marketing. In fact numerous naturally developing plants within walking distance of your home could harm your dog if he were inclined come eat them. As such, there are a couple of ingredients in Burt’s Bees chapstick that can be cause for worry for your pooch. One of these involves is peppermint oil.

My dog ate chapstick through peppermint oil

Peppermint oil has chemicals favor limonene and menthol that can reason gastrointestinal distress, and at higher doses toxicity. It’s worth mentioning that, while a dog v an uncomfortable stomach is usually simply inconvenient, severe upset can reason dehydration and, in significant cases, death.

See more: What Does The Apron Symbolize In Their Eyes Were Watching God

Bee byproducts are one of the key hallmarks the Burt’s Bees’ products. Many of the time these ingredients are harmless to dogs. With this being claimed it’s unlikely her dog will have actually been exposed come the distinctive proteins in these substances before, so an allergy may have actually gone unnoticed. Major allergic reactions have the right to be life threatening and come on suddenly.

All in all, while there are absolutely worse things your dog could eat, Burts Bees chapstick tho poses it’s very own risk come dog. Together with any other remedy expected for humans, inadvertently ingestion through a dog should be take away seriously. Take your dog to the vet if that eats this chapstick to protect against the worst situation scenario. So, what must I perform if my dog ate mine EOS chapstick?