You are watching: How to change a waterpump on a 2004 chevy trailblazer
5. Make certain hood is propped up nice and high. I provided a pry bar and wedged it. Get an open ended wrench to fit the pan clutch bolt. I offered a 1 1/2". (Those specialty tools space junk). That is a tiny bigger, however all ns had. Still operated fine.
7. Acquire a firm fixed on the wrench, and take a hammer and also smack the 1 great hard time come bust the nut loose. Make certain the hood prop is not up.
8. Spin nut off and press in on pan to lift over the threaded end. Continue to lift increase on the fan and shroud in ~ the same time to eliminate as 1 unit.
9. You can hit the radiator neck, simply press shroud towards engine on passenger side and continue come lift.
17. Start and also check for leaks. Currently is the time to replace the fan clutch if necessary. Examine engine will illuminate until fan clutch is reinstalled.
19. No leaks, Great!:thumbsup: slide fan shroud and fan back in together 1 unit. Wiggle around the top neck till it seat back. Press in top top the fan till it goes back over the object of the new water pump, and also tighten back down rotate the seed clockwise. Change the fan shroud for the ideal alignment. MAKE certain THE 2 lower TABS room PLACE back IN their POSITIONS!
21. Connect 2 10mm bolts earlier to top shroud support.22. Affix 2 transmission lines ago to shroud top top passenger side.23. Affix black pan clutch connector on vehicle drivers side.24. Connect upper radiator hose.25. Begin vehicle and also let idle. Refill coolant at radiator checking frequently. 26. Put radiator cap back on, and also rinse under excess spillage with water.Total time 30 minutes.
Great Job, constantly nice come pics and also even nicer to have actually words to describe what is walk on:thx :thumbsup:
can somebody difficult this please.Step 25, where did u refill coolant, at the resevoir tank or in ~ the cap, by the rad hoses?Step 26, why did u to wash down through water?I favor the x beam wrench. Good writeup and nice pics. Really useful.
Great writeup:thumbsup:step 14 Hand Tight need to be in REDAlso why is your pan white?? just wondering
Great writeup:thumbsup:step 14 Hand Tight need to be in REDAlso why is your pan white?? simply wondering
2002 Oldsmobile Bravada: 4.2L I6 w/ G80 Locker, AWD, TBSS springs, HD bilsteins, 6000k HIDs, Mobil1, Iridium Plugs
can somebody difficult this please.Step 25, whereby did u refill coolant, at the resevoir tank or at the cap, through the rad hoses?Step 26, why go u rinse down with water?I choose the x beam wrench. An excellent writeup and also nice pics. Very useful.
Filled in ~ the radiator. Resivoir didn"t go under much.Rinsed off excess coolant ~ above bottom skid plate.
Great writeup:thumbsup:step 14 Hand Tight need to be in REDAlso why is your fan white?? just wondering
This was of a great help! thank you!I am replacing my 2nd water pump (New AC Delco component $112 indigenous GM dealer) (Originally replaced by my mechanic with an aftermarket part) and also saved a couple of $$$. I carry out realize currently that my water pump failure is due to my pan clutch / blades. Native the an initial replacement, the fan blades were damaged (dug into the shroud) making the fan oscillating (Not caught by mine mechanic). Because of this damaging the water pump bearings. For $200 I obtained a used fan clutch with fan and shroud. Not mounted yet.
Just make certain your fan clutch is the redesigned 2005+ version, or you"ll be cursing her bargain as soon as you need to swap that again.
Thanks Roadie! I was able to cancel my acquisition for a 2004 pan Clutch / blade / Shroud and also purchase a 2006. Waiting for delivery.Cheers!
Great write-up! i think you"re all collection for at least the next 12 months in regards to contribution.:thumbsup:But v rave reviews choose this, why wouldn"t want to store on going? Post much more how to"s. Present it turn off to your friends that have actually a tough time detect the gas cap.
Clutch fanI did every the steps to remove the clutch fan and housing as though ns were instead of the water pump, yet I was just replacing the clutch fan. This is what ns found. A frayed wire. Currently I dont recognize if I actually did the fraying if trying to gain the wires complimentary of the wire bracket or if the wire was currently frayed. However there was electrical tape wrapped roughly this ar of frayed wire. Nonetheless since I did all this work I determined to download the 05 envoy clutch pan on to mine 03 envoy simply to make sure it works. We"ll see. I"m in the center of it and taking a break.
Just make sure your fan clutch is the redesigned 2005+ version, or you"ll it is in cursing your bargain once you need to swap it again.
See more: Where Is Hot Tub Time Machine Filmed ? Hot Tub Time Machine Filming Locations
You"re rightYou"re best I dont recognize for positive, I"m simply going on what the wreckyard said, he stated it was the end of an 05 envoy, I"m hoping it works!!
I finally received my provided 2006 fan Clutch and also found times this morning to install. It took me 1/2 hour and all is good. Many thanks again Roadie because that the "heads up"Cheers!
This is an larger thread, you may not get a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
A forum community devoted to Chevy Trailblazer and GMC Envoy owners and also enthusiasts. Come sign up with the discussion around performance, modifications, troubleshooting, towing capacity, maintenance, and more!