What is a Hot Comb?
A hair straightening comb is a styling tool used to make coarse hair smoother and frizz-free. Earlier models had metal teeth and were designed to be heated on the stove. Modern straightening combs are heated with electricity and have ceramic heating elements and multiple temperature settings. The heating plates have a plastic frame to protect you from burning yourself.
You are watching: Can you use a hot comb on weave
Advantages over Flat Irons
1. If it takes you forever to style your hair in the morning, a heated comb is a great way to go. An electric hot comb is much faster than regular flat iron. You will be able to finish your hair in half of the time that it takes to style your hair with a regular flat iron.
2. You can take much larger sections of the hair and your hair will require fewer passes to get relatively straight than with a regular straightener. When using the comb, you can smooth the entire section of hair in 1-2 passes. With a flat iron, you need to run it 4-5 times through each section.
3. Your hair will look naturally straight, not “pin” straight or flat like after flat ironing.
4. A heated comb doesn’t reduce volume, making your hair flat as a regular flat iron does.
5. A straightening comb helps to straighten your roots as you can get closer to your scalp than when using a flat iron.
Best Candidates for Using a Hot Comb?
Traditionally, hot combs are used on unruly tresses and African American hair to give the hair a smoother and sleeker look. Although the tool can be used on all hair types, the effects are most visible on coarse hair.
When it comes to hair length, this straightening tool is most effective when used on shoulder-length hair or longer. When used on short hair a hot comb will work better on thick coarse short hair than on fine and straight hair because the tool needs to create tension on the hair to work.
If your hair is extremely curly and you want to make it bonestraight, you might still need to use a regular flat iron. However, you can usea heat straightening comb before flat ironing to make your hair easier to stylewith a flat iron.
It will quickly and effortlessly straighten wavy hair, take away frizz, and add plenty of shine.
If your hair is naturally straight, this tool can be used on freshly blow-dried hair to smooth out flyaway hair and fight frizz without reducing volume.
An electric straightening comb is an ideal choice for busyindividuals who need to quickly give their hair the wow-factor before walkingout of the door.
Straightening Hair with Tymo Comb – Julissa Guillen Testing
The Best Way to Use a Heat Straightening Comb
Make sure todry your hair completely before using this heated tool because your hair isvulnerable and prone to heat damage when wet.
Detangle your hair with a regular comb before using the heated comb, to avoid pulling the hair out by straightening it too vigorously. Detangling will also remove loose hair strands and make straightening easier, faster, and more efficient.
Always apply a heat protectant before hot combing.
Select the temperature that is appropriate for your hair type. If you have thick, very curly, or coarse hair, set a higher temperature and work with smaller sections of the hair. Make sure to comb slowly and repeat if necessary, to get the desired look.
See more: Is The Word Holiday A Common Noun ? What Type Of Word Is 'Holiday'
Hold the endsof your hair while slowly moving the comb through the parted sections.
After you have done, place the comb on a heat-resistant surface and let it cool.
Suggestions for Purchasing a Quality Electric Comb
The convenience of a hair straightener comb greatly depends on its design. Make sure to choose a comb with an anti-scald design to protect your skin from burns. Also, look for an appliance with ceramic heating components and ionic technology. Ceramic heats evenly, reducing the possibility of heat damage, while negative ions help seal the cuticle, making hair smooth and glossy. Variable heat settings are important to accommodate all hair types.
Straightening Comb by Tymo (Product from Amazon.com)
If you have voluminous coarse hair, keep in mind that hot combs with longer teeth can get closer to the roots of coarse hair to help you achieve straighter results.